Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy Fourth Of July!


Happy Fourth of July Everyone! In honor of this most auspicious day, I am featuring a photograph I took several years ago of the annual 4th of July parade in Cannon Beach, Oregon.  It is a resort town, but at heart it is simply small town America, and the parade seemed to include almost every resident in the city.  The rule is to just show up at the appointed place and time, and your're in.  Which means the parade viewers were mainly tourists  like me.  I was there for the Hoyt family reunion, which was being held at the beach house owned by the parents of my cousin John's wife Barb.  A great time was had by all.  I volunteered to be the caretaker of that beach house for a nominal fee, and my cousin John said he would get back to me about it. He never did.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment