Sunday, January 14, 2018

Cast Iron



I just finished Cast Iron, a new mystery novel by Peter May.  May wrote the bestselling Lewis Trilogy, which follows the adventures of a former police detective who decides to return to his boyhood home on the Isle of Lewis, in Scotland's Outer Hebrides.  I enjoyed all three books in that series and decided to give this one a try, too.  Cast Iron is also part of a series that features a Scottish forensic expert who lives in France and investigates cold cases.  When I first started reading the story, I wasn't sure I was going to like it.  The title character, Enzo Macleod, seemed to have a very messy personal life, although the title character in the Lewis Trilogy had a messy personal life too.  I decide to persevere, and it turned out the story was a very good read, very exciting, and had a happy ending.  Even Macleod's personal life seemed to straighten itself out.  I am definitely planning to read the other books in the series.  And possibly move to southwestern France.

No comments:

Post a Comment