Saturday, January 6, 2018

Watching Liverpool Versus Everton With Mark



I watched Liverpool play Everton with my friend Mark (seen in the above photograph getting ready to dig into a pizza) last night.  It was the 3rd round of the FA Cup soccer tournament, and Liverpool won 2 to 1.  I was shocked to find that Mark does not own a Liverpool soccer jersey, and was forced to just wear the Liverpool colors (red) instead.  Are you truly a soccer fan, Mark?  In any case, Mark is all excited about his upcoming trip to the UK in April.  He plans to spend a week or so in Leeds, visiting with friends there.  Leeds is the UK's third largest city, and from what I read in Wikipedia is a pretty modern, non-touristy urban area.  Mark and I are very different types of travelers.  While Mark likes to go to one place and just hang out like a local, I tend to move to a different place every day, trying to see as many things as possible to create a high tourist site to dollar ratio.  You get to see a lot of things that way, but that kind of schedule tends to wear you down.  At my age it might even kill me, which is probably too high a price to pay to see the 100th church in Rome by the end of the day.  Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment