Sunday, January 28, 2018

Dog Dance Afternoon



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I attended Final Friday at the Denver Art Museum (the DAM) Friday night, and found no new art on display since my last visit. Therefore, I focused on the various lectures and performances being put on throughout the museum.  One of them was called "Dog Dance," performed by a Colorado dance group.  As I walked up the stairs and observed the dance in action (seen in the photograph above), I at first thought I had uncovered the scene of another mass shooting.  But no, this is fact the dance - people lying around on the floor and making very, very small moves at random moments.  Evidently this "dance" has been performed every third Friday for the past year and a half at a dance and "movement" studio in Boulder, Colorado, which is known far and wide as "25 square miles surrounded by reality."  And I must say, there were a fair number of people watching this performance.  I came back a few times during my museum visit to check on their progress, but nothing (to me) had changed, and yet the audience was still there.  I guess I am just not a New Age kind of guy.  If you think watching soccer is boring, try watching this for half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment