Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Zoo - Part II



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo Saturday afternoon to take photographs of the animals.  Near closing time, it was starting to get pretty damn cold, and as I walked past the lion compound, I saw all the lions let inside except one.  The door slammed and he was left out in the cold.  As I watched, he kept walking around in circles, banging against the door, to no use, as seen in the photo above.  As I was leaving, he was still out in the middle of the compound, lying in the grass, reconciled to his fate.  I'm not sure why he was singled out like that.  I assume it was a mistake - the zoo keepers probably didn't do a count once the lions were inside, which seems a bit careless, to say the least.  I mentioned this to a security guard as I left, but he didn't seem very concerned.  He had a "we know what we are doing" kind of attitude. I just hope they discovered him out there before the snow began early Sunday morning.  Now that would have been cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment