Saturday, October 12, 2019

Carrie Is A Grandmother!







I saw via Facebook that my cousin Carrie, who lives in the Chicago area, is now a grandmother.  This fact just amazes me, since I remember her as the little girl in the photograph on the left, seen along with my sister Susan.  This photograph was taken at our house in Country Club Hills, Illinois back in 1968, on the occasion of my maternal Grandmother and Grandfather Spillard's 60th wedding anniversary. My sister and I have not seen Carrie since we moved to Denver back in the early 1980s. I was surprised, but happy that Carrie contacted me through Facebook about a year or so ago so we could get reacquainted.  I assume that since she is now a grandmother, she currently looks a bit older than in this photo, but you never know.





The last time we saw Carrie was when her mother Betty remarried back in the late 1970s, and my parents came up to Chicago from Stuart, Florida for the wedding.  I took the photograph on the right of my sister Susan, father Nelson, and mother Mary standing in front of the church, looking very jolly indeed. It was not too long after this that I moved to Denver, soon followed by Susan and her husband George.  I know many years have passed, but it still seems amazing that Carrie is a grandmother. Time does indeed fly.  Congratulations Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment