Sunday, February 9, 2020

More Stuart Beach Nostalgia






Now that it seems to be snowing nearly every day here in Denver, I am once again getting nostalgic for Stuart Beach, which is located in Stuart, Florida, where my mother Mary lived for almost 30 years. Somebody - I have no idea who - took a photograph of my sister Susan, mother Mary, and myself at the end of Stuart Beach's boardwalk back in August of 1997.  And let me tell you, at this point, just the thought of Stuart Beach in August seems like a glimpse of heaven.






The beach was always the "go to" place whenever we visited, and since most of our visits were in August, it was nice to hang out on that boardwalk and enjoy the breeze off the ocean. Not that it wasn't enjoyable to visit the beach in December, and watch the tourists pretend to have fun while freezing to death in their bikinis and speedos. You have to take your fun where you find it, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment