Monday, February 24, 2020

Tropical Swap



I just finished reading Tropical Swap, one of Laurence Shames wacky, comic Key West novels. Shames lived in Key West for many years, and wrote 8 of these books, but then stopped writing the series after moving to Ojai, California, near Los Angeles.  I suspect he moved there to write for the film industry and start making some real money.  And then, about 5 years ago, I noticed that he had published a new  Key West novel called Shot on Location.  I liked the book, but only recently bought Tropical Swap, the next one in the series.  These books only seem to be available on Amazon, and are not cheap.  I suspect they might now be self-published. In any case, like all his others, the story involves innocent outsiders who either move to or visit Key West and wind up getting involved in crazy adventures with the eccentric locals.  There are now 4 more books in the series that I have yet to read, but hope to rectify that situation soon.  If you want a good laugh, you can't go wrong picking up one of these stories, which for me is high praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment