Monday, March 7, 2022

A Dreary First Weekend Of March



It was rainy and overcast this past Saturday, and snowy as hell on Sunday, which was kind of a depressing way to start the month of March. After the rain stopped on Saturday, I took my sister Susan's dog Blackberry for a walk across the University of Denver campus, where I took the photograph on the left of the back of University Hall, the oldest building on campus, constructed in 1890. I did some research to see if there was anything remotely interesting to mention about it, but there was zilch. Not even a ghost rumored to haunt the place. However, I am pretty sure I saw a ghost looking down at me from that dormer window. I should probably report the sighting to the proper authorities.



In any case, people actually have reported seeing ghosts in both Margery Reed and Mary Reed Halls. It is rumored that Margery Reed, who died suddenly at the age of 30, might have been murdered by her husband, resulting in him inheriting her money, which I am sure must have perturbed her, to say the least, and thus the reason for the hauntings. Her mother, Mary Reed, donated the money to construct the building named in her memory. Mary Reed also donated the money for Mary Reed Hall, seen in the background of the photograph on the right (the entrance to University Hall is in the foreground), and who is rumored to haunt her namesake building, although I am not sure why. I can only assume she does it just for the laughs. It must be fun to scare the hell out of some of those university officials whose offices are in that building. I myself just have to say "you go girl."

No comments:

Post a Comment