Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Ash Wednesday






Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. Ideally, I would have posted a photograph of people coming out of the local Catholic church with ashes on their forehead, but that would have meant delaying today's post until later today. If I has done that, regular blog readers would have thought I was dead and called the appropriate authorities to do a welfare check, which would have made me surly. I suppose I could go out now, take that photo, and use it next year, but I never plan that far ahead. In any case, instead, I am featuring a photo of the Evans Chapel on the University of Denver campus, with a sign out in front announcing a Catholic mass at 6:00 P.M. That sign has been there every time I walk by, and so I can't say for sure if they still really have mass there. But regardless, I hope you all had a fun Fat Tuesday. Now it's time to enjoy Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment