Thursday, March 24, 2022

Cutthroat Dogs


I just finished reading Cutthroat Dogs, the latest mystery by Loren Estleman, featuring Detroit private eye Amos Walker. These stories are written in an old fashioned, noir style, and I find them quite entertaining. They even make me want to visit Detroit, at least until I finish reading the book. This time, Walker is hired to prove that a man who has been in jail for 20 years for murdering his girlfriend is innocent of that crime. Once Walker starts investigating, he finds that there are people who do not want him to find out the truth, and will go to great lengths to stop him. I liked this book very much, and recommend it, along with all the others in the series. It might even make you want to vacation in Detroit this coming summer. Might. 

No comments:

Post a Comment