Saturday, November 4, 2017

Dinner With Wally And Mark



Wally invited our mutual friend Mark (who works at the University of Denver library) and I over to his place for dinner last night, where I took the above photograph of Wally (on the left) and Mark (on the right) in Wally's library. Wally has two great passions in life - reading and woodworking.  He turned his garage into his woodworking shop, resulting in having to park cars out on the street, a fact his wife Linda often reminds him of after the occasional hail storm. As for Mark, he is once again wearing his Newcastle soccer jersey, in honor of Newcastle's 125th year in existence.  Or was it 200 years?  Whatever.  I'll have to check with Mark.  In any case, it was a very pleasant evening.  And Wally, who still works at the University of Denver Bookstore, where I myself worked for almost 30 years, tipped me off that the University of Denver's newspaper, The Clarion, is reporting this week on new plans for the DU campus.  I need to pick up a copy and see if there is a hotel sitting where my condo building is currently located.  I wouldn't put it past them.

No comments:

Post a Comment