Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Lunching With Valarie At Pepper!



I got together for lunch yesterday with my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker Valarie at Pepper, the Chinese restaurant just a few blocks away from the bookstore where I work on east Colfax here in Denver.  Valarie told me she was very impressed with the bookstore, and that she thought the selection of books was far better than it has been in quite a long time.  Since Valarie is the former owner of Capitol Hill Books, just across the street from the Colorado State Capitol, that is indeed a great compliment, and perhaps a good harbinger of the future.  And, if I haven't mentioned it before, Valarie is now retired, and enjoying every minute of it.  Making me jealous as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment