Monday, November 13, 2017

Meeting Up With Valarie At The Goods



I got a call from Valarie, my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker, Saturday evening, who was between movies at the Denver Film Festival and was wondering if I could join her at The Goods for a drink.  Since I still had to work a few more hours, it was more like coffee and an appetizer, but that was fine with me.  I was just amazed at the crowd at The Goods, which is just next door to the bookstore where I work.  It was absolutely packed, filled with film goers waiting for the next feature. Valarie was surprised I haven't gone to any of the films, considering I work just across the courtyard from the festival's epicenter.  What can I say - duty calls, as always.  Plus, they charge money for those things. Valarie caught me up on what her kids, Cheyanne and Dillon, are up to, and how she and her husband Jake are enjoying retirement.  Since they are off to their cottage near La Veta in a few weeks and from there to Santa Fe, I must say their retirement looks good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment