Thursday, November 2, 2017

Game 7 Of The World Series At Old Chicago



My friend Stuart (seen in the photograph above) and I went to Old Chicago on South Colorado Boulevard here in Denver last night for burgers and beers and to catch the final game of the World Series.  Houston was in control the entire game, and since we were both rooting for them, it was a fine evening indeed.  The Los Angeles Dodgers, in my opinion are a fat cat team.  They are the New York Yankees of the West Coast, and just a little too arrogant.  On the other hand, Jim Crane, the owner of the Houston Astros, also owns the Floridian Golf Club in Palm City, Florida - just across the river from my sister and my condo in Stuart - and so it is of course the neighborly thing to root for his team.  Plus, the Astros train in West Palm Beach, just down the road from Stuart and Palm City.  The Dodgers, in contract, deserted Vero Beach, Florida and moved to a new spring training stadium in Arizona after 61 years.  Talk about money grubbing, heartless traitors.  And I mean that with all due respect.  Houston, by the way, won the game and the World Series 5 to 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment