Thursday, August 8, 2019

A Virgin Trains USA Update



Virgin Trains USA has started the second leg of the construction of their high speed train between Miami, Florida and the Orlando airport (and eventually to Tampa). I was pretty excited at first, since the train to Orlando will be operational in three years and they have committed to building a train station in either Stuart, Florida (where my sister Susan and I own a condo) or nearby Fort Pierce.  However, I recently read that they do not plan to build this station until 5 years after train service is operational.  What? Really?  What is their problem, anyway?  I say re-institute Martin County's lawsuit against Virgin Trains until they agree to build the station right when service starts.  Come on, all you Stuart, Florida retirees - start those protests NOW! I'll help make the signs. In any case, I took the above self portrait in downtown Stuart, right across the street from where those 125 mile per hour trains will soon be flying past, the last time I visited down there.  All you Stuart residents better make sure to look both ways before you cross those tracks - or splat.

No comments:

Post a Comment