Monday, February 3, 2020

The Last Day Of Monet: The Truth Of Nature






Yesterday was the last day of Monet: The Truth of Nature, a major art exhibition at the Denver Art Museum, and I decided to go along with my friend Stuart (seen in the photograph on the left) to the museum while he toured the exhibit.  I myself had already seen the show with my sister, Susan, back in October, and so while Stuart was looking at the Monets, I roamed around the rest of the museum, taking a closer look at the art on display.








I had already seen most of this artwork before, but how could I resist taking a closer look at such items as the dance mask from New Guinea that I am posing with in the photo on the right, and which I wish I could borrow for Halloween?  Let's face it - this mask truly represents my inner soul.  This is it, people.  The true me.  And if that doesn't scare you, nothing will.  And ending on a more positive note, the Denver Art Museum's new welcome center and the museum's North Building will open this summer after a two year renovation project.  I hope this means that the free buffet table at the monthly Final Friday event will at last return.  Without free food, the art doesn't seem to have the same appeal.  Just call me a traditionalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment