Monday, October 23, 2023

Discussing A Hit And Run With Mark Over Lunch





My friend Mark - seen in the photograph on the left - and I had lunch yesterday afternoon at an amusing little bistro called Chez Subway, located on Leetsdale Drive here in Denver. In addition to discussing India's victory over New Zealand in an ICC Cricket World Cup match, we talked about the damage to his car that occurred on the street in front of his house this past Saturday evening while he attended a Colorado Rapids soccer game (the Rapids lost to Real Salt Lake one-nil, but I digress). The police left a note on his door to call about the incident, while neighbors filled in the details yesterday morning.




Evidently, someone stole a Hyundai, and in the process smashed into Mark's car at a high rate of speed, knocking it backwards about 15 feet onto the sidewalk. They then drove that Hyundai into a nearby driveway, got out of the car, leaving it running, and ran like hell, with several neighbors giving chase. Whether they caught that person or not, I do not know. What I do know is that Mark's car looks like it sustained major damage, as seen in the photograph on the right. Hopefully it can be repaired, so he can avoid the major hassle of having to replace a car these days. Hyundais, by the way, are a very popular target for car thieves, since they have a steering column that can be hot-wired very easily, as demonstrated in a popular YouTube video. Nice of YouTube to provide such educational videos. I am a Hyundai owner myself, and wish I could reward YouTube for their public service, although it would probably wind up getting me arrested. Perhaps just a nasty note to their CEO would be more appropriate, and avoid having to call an attorney. Frank Azar, "The Strongarm," would probably refuse to take my case anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment