Monday, October 16, 2023

Does It Count As A Real Anniversary?


Today would have been my 41st wedding anniversary if my then wife Lisa and I didn't get divorced back in 1987. And since we are no longer married, I don't imagine I will be getting any presents from Lisa. Bummer. In any case, the photograph above is one of the few I have of the wedding. When we separated, Lisa took most of those photographs with her, no doubt to hide the evidence. She is now living happily in the Pacific Heights neighborhood of San Francisco, where I visited her several times. And I must admit, I like Pacific Heights and the San Francisco Bay Area even more than Denver, although it is much too expensive to move there these days. In fact, a lot of Bay Area residents have moved to Denver over the past decade or so, selling their modest homes there for a fortune and buying huge Victorians, as well as other much more spacious residences, here. And if they miss San Francisco, they can always fly back and stay with their relatives for a few months or so. But remember people, fish and visitors stink after 6 months. In the photograph above, by the way, from left to right, are my mother Mary, father Nelson, Lisa, and me. Back in the good old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment