Saturday, October 21, 2023

The Collector


I just finished reading The Collector, the latest Gabriel Allon thriller by Daniel Silva, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. His previous book, Portrait of an Unknown Woman, featured Allon having retired as head of Israeli Intelligence, and living in Venice as an art restorer. That story involved the search for an art forger, which I thought was a less than exciting tale after previous books featured Allon up against Russian spies and Muslim terrorists. And I mentioned this in my Blog review, which I suspect Silva obviously must have read, and then wrote this very exciting tale, which finds Allon rejoining the Mossad and putting together his old team to stop Russia from a plot to launch nuclear weapons against Ukraine. He recruits two Danish citizens to venture into Russia to obtain a copy of the only written document with details of the plan, a mission which goes very wrong. This is a very exciting read, and I thoroughly recommend you pick up a copy. Do it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment