Friday, October 27, 2023

The World Series Starts Tonight!


The World Series between the Texas Rangers and the Arizona Diamondbacks starts tonight. And sadly, I must report that once again, every team I have rooted for this season wound up losing. My Southside heros, the Chicago White Sox, started losing on day one. Their North Side rivals, the Chicago Cubs, lost their 3.5 game wildcard lead just a week or so before the end of the season. The Colorado Rockies, my current hometown team, were predicted to be the worst team in baseball, but wound up only the third worst, which is considered a success here in Denver. During the playoffs, I decided to root for the Minnesota Twins and the Atlanta Braves, who were both eliminated. I finally decided it would be a repeat of last year's World Series teams - the Philadelphia Phillies and Houston Astros, and I'll be damned if both of them lost, too. Is it no wonder that I am not into sports betting? By the way, I plan on rooting for the Arizona Diamondbacks during the series, and so I advise all of you out there to bet heavily on the Texas Rangers. You can't lose. And sending me 10% of your winnings as thanks would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment