Monday, January 22, 2024

It's Lights Out At Denver's City And County Building


Denver's City and County Building is famous for its annual Christmas light display, as seen in the photograph above. Many here in the Mile High City consider it the cat's meow, while others, including my ex-wife Lisa, consider it kind of tacky. I myself like it, and even if some people do consider it tacky, tacky can often be quite fun. The lights are kept up through the National Western Stock Show, and since it ended yesterday, those lights have been turned off until next Christmas season. It is also considered a Colorado tradition for everyone in the state to leave their lights up until the end of the stock show, too, which is why I haven't taken down the Christmas tree in my living room yet. At least that is what I tell everyone who asks about it. I am still trying to think up an excuse for keeping the tree up until next weekend, but I really don't think anyone will consider it out of character. I am not known as "Crazy Old Man Hoyt" for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment