Thursday, January 18, 2024

My Sister Susan's Birthday


Today is my sister Susan's birthday, which we will be celebrating this evening at Grabowski's Pizzeria in nearby Lakewood, Colorado. Grabowski's serves the best Chicago thin crust pizza I have tasted since moving from Chicago to Denver. And speaking of Chicago, the photograph above was taken of Susan posing on the sidewalk in front of our house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago (these days you might face physical harm if you point a camera at her, so using an older photograph is probably for the best). I am not sure what the occasion was that she was dressed up for, but if it was to celebrate her graduation from Fort Dearborn Grammar School, it was taken back in 1955. And behind Susan is what might very well be my father Nelson's Nash automobile. If it is, that is one impressive looking car. And now that electric cars are becoming more mainstream, I would hope that some smart entrepreneur would think about making an electric version of that automobile (which I assume was quite a gas guzzler back then) and make a fortune. Especially if he or she could keep the cost close to it's original sticker price. That might involve an even greater technological innovation than Henry Ford's assembly line, but anything is possible, right? In any case, Happy Birthday Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment