Sunday, June 30, 2024

Stuart Beach August 1995


I took the photograph above of my sister Susan and mother Mary at Stuart Beach back in August of 1995. My mother lived in Stuart, Florida for almost 30 years and just loved it there, and Susan and I would usually visit her 2 or 3 times a year. Susan and I have been renting her condo out for the past 15 years, since she passed away, but we have decided to finally take it back and enjoy the place while we can. I really love Stuart, but last year when we went down there from Denver to visit our tenants, we discovered that all the beach shelters where we used to sit and look at the ocean have been removed and replaced by a restaurant. I know I have complained about this on my blog before, but I don't care. It bears repeating. And why did they do this? Probably to create another income stream for Martin County. You can't make money by letting people just sit around and enjoy looking at the ocean. Not yet, anyway. Give it a couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment