Saturday, January 1, 2011

Memory Lane


I was invited to New Year's Day dinner with my friends Ana Silvia, Joe, and Stella tonight -people who would not be able to refuse my taking their picture. I'll be damned if I didn't forget my camera. In any case, I gave Ana Silvia some retouched 8X10 black and white photographs of her mother and her favorite aunt. I decided to retouch a few photographs of my own, too, including the rather staged photograph of my sister and mother pictured above. I especially remember my sister suggesting I take a photograph of the two of them pointing at the "penguins." I mentioned that we were at least several thousand miles away from the natural habitat of penguins and that I suspected these were pelicans. "You know what I mean," said the south side Chicago native. We didn't get to the zoo much back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment