Saturday, January 29, 2011

Okay Fine!


My sister Susan and brother-in-law George came down to Denver to celebrate both Susan and my birthdays this afternoon. We were going to take in a few art galleries and then have dinner at a local restaurant, but since Susan wasn't feeling well, we opted to bring in pizzas instead. Of course, after Susan guzzled three of my XXX beers, she seemed to make a miraculous recovery. The healing power of beer, I guess. In any case, I showed Susan my new 10 volume, 1943 set of the Book of Knowledge, and she said it was the wrong edition from the one she remembered. The books she remembered from her childhood were much older, used by our mother and our two uncles before she inherited them. And they had drawings and illustrations, not photographs, in them. Okay fine. Personally, I like the photographs. And then she tried to sneak away with one of the Salgado books Valarie gave me for my birthday. Talk about nerve.

No comments:

Post a Comment