Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


I went downtown New Year's Eve to see the 9:00 P.M. fireworks on the 16th Street Mall here in Denver.  It was a brisk 4 degrees by the time 9 o'clock rolled around.  After the show, being the party animal I am, I headed directly to the light-rail station down the block, which was of course closed.  I had to walk to the convention center, where lines were set up based on which train you wanted to board.  It was so damn cold I don't see how anyone could have survived until the midnight fireworks show.  A man in line in front of me, seeing me shake uncontrollably, offered me his hot chocolate, which I was tempted to take, but I took off running instead when a different line started boarding a train.  I made it before it pulled out.  The train was nice and warm.  It seems to me it would far more enjoyable riding the light-rail up and down the line than standing out there in the cold.  That's why they call me "Mr.Fun."

No comments:

Post a Comment