Monday, January 21, 2013

Martin Luther King Day


Today is Martin Luther King Day, an official holiday at the DU Bookstore and therefore a welcome day off for the staff.  This is traditionally the day I take down my Christmas tree each year.  I usually put my tree up on the 23rd or 24th of December - just before my annual Christmas dinner - so that my guests don't think (or confirm) that I am some sort of Scrooge. Once the tree is up, it makes the apartment so cheerful, I want to keep it up for a while.  However, by January 20th or 21st, if you don't take the tree down, people begin to suspect you are crazy, and often cross to the opposite side of the street when you pass.  Actually, people tend to do that now, but no matter.  The important thing is that the tree is down and spring is in sight!  Let's play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment