Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Family Tradition Continues


I have taken a part-time job as a cashier in the evenings to help pay for my new car and the property taxes on my extensive but unprofitable real estate holdings.  I won't name the company, but I will say that my father worked for the founder of the firm many years ago as a caddie back on the South Side of Chicago.  This wealthy and prominent Chicagoan was an especial favorite of the caddies at the Beverly Country Club due to his habit of never giving them a monetary tip, only his autograph on their caddie card. According to my father, he did tell interesting stories, however.  He said his one big mistake in business was loaning his brother-in-law money, which the brother-in-law then used to start a competing business.  Learning from this example, I definitely never intend on making the same mistake. Another valuable life lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment