Friday, February 20, 2015

Ain't That A Shames?


Laurence Shames, who wrote a series of very amusing Key West, Florida based mystery novels many years ago has finally written another book in the series.  For some inexplicable reason, Shames decided to move from Key West to Southern California and write a new series of books taking place in L.A.  They were not well received.  In fact, I remember attending an author event featuring Shames at the Tattered Cover Bookstore with my mother, sister and brother-in-law.  As I recall, was attended by a total of 7 people.  In other words, our family made up the majority of the audience.  Since none of us intended on buying the book, it was pretty tricky getting away unnoticed, let me tell you.  In any case, I started reading his new book, Shot on Location, and it seems to be just as good as the others in the series.  Hopefully it does well and Shames will continue writing more Key West based mysteries.  And maybe, down the road, I might actually purchase a copy and have it autographed.  Be-still your heart, Shames.  I said maybe.

1 comment:

  1. What were the name of the books he wrote based in L.A.?

    ReplyDelete