Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!



It is New Year's Day, and I don't know about you, but I am very happy to put 2018 behind and move on to a hopefully much better year.  I took the above photograph of my friend Stuart and I celebrating New Year's Eve "Eve," in beautiful, exotic Lakewood, Colorado.  Unfortunately, we did not get to see Northwestern play Utah in the Holiday Bowl, which took place last night.  I thought that might be a good thing, since Stuart was so crushed by Northern Illinois losing the last time we got together, and I was pretty sure Northwestern was going to lose too, big time.  However, they actually wound up winning 30 to 14. Northwestern is just down the street from where Stuart grew up on the north side of Chicago, and so I am sure he is ecstatic about that victory. I myself am from the south side of Chicago, and the college on that side of town, the University of Chicago, disbanded their team years ago.  I know for sure that they would have lost if the team still existed.  Eggheads just ain't football players.  Happy New Year Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment