Monday, January 14, 2019

Watching Tottenham Play Manchester United With Mark



I got up at the crack of dawn yesterday morning (7:30 A.M.) to watch a soccer match between Tottenham and Manchester United with my friend Mark, seen on the left in the above photo.  We watched the game at Esters Neighborhood Pub with the Colorado Spurs, the Denver-based Tottenham Hotspur supporters.  The club had an entire room to itself, and the place was packed.  Mark and I were really lucky to snag 2 seats at the bar.  And I learned several new things.  First, that soccer fans here in America are willing to get up at ungodly hours to watch their team.  Second, this particular team and the London neighborhood it represents is called Tottenham, not Tottingham, as I wrote in a blog the last time I watched them play (same difference, though, right?).  Third, the interim coach of Manchester United is a Norwegian who is also the coach of a team in Norway called The Mold. Really. The Mold.  Nice. And by the way, Manchester United won the match 1 to nill, as we soccer fans say.

No comments:

Post a Comment