Thursday, January 24, 2019

Speaking of Chicago...



As regular blog readers know, I still subscribe to Chicago Magazine, which allows me to keep up with what is happening in that great city, even though I am now living in Denver.  And it was with great sadness that I received the January issue of Chicago Magazine and saw that one of the featured stories was how the Chicago dining scene has lost it's "mojo."  This is truly crushing  news.  Back when I lived in Chicago, the idea of dining in Chicago losing it's "mojo" was unthinkable.  And back then I suspect even the word mojo had not yet been invented.  And on the south side of Chicago, we were all very happy with the cuisine at Vito and Nick's, not to mention Aurelio's Pizza, and the Elk's Club on 87th Street, to which my father belonged, was always excellent. But to be honest, Chicago magazine has a north side bias, and north siders have their own peculiar beliefs, where we south siders have our own standards, such as whether the food is hot and bug free. And my point:  don't stress out too much about your dining scene having lost it's mojo, northsiders.  Just have another slice of pizza and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment