Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Is It Narcissism Or Just A Consequence Of Social Distancing?



Today is April 15th, the day that income taxes are traditionally due.  However, due to the coronavirus, Tax Day has been postponed until July 15th.  However, I still decided to do my annual Tax Day self portrait, and then realized that I have posted no less than 4 photographs of myself in the past week: one taken with my mother Mary and sister Susan in downtown Stuart back in the 1990s; one of myself when I was 4 years old holding an Easter basket; one of me standing in front of the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago exactly 10 years ago this month; and the one today showing my current aged self.  Is it narcissism or a result of the current social distancing rules?  After all, the zoo is closed, as is the Denver Art Museum.  There is no First Friday Art  Walk, or even get-togethers with friends.  All favorite subjects for my blog.   And if I ever take a photograph of my sister these days, she tells me she will kill me.  And so I have to conclude that I am not a narcissist.  But damn, I do look good, especially in a mask.  I could have made a great holdup man.

No comments:

Post a Comment