Monday, April 27, 2020

The Dancers






I was biking down Speer Boulevard the other day, and took the photograph on the left of The Dancers, a work of public art located in front of the Denver Center for the Performing Arts.  These 60 foot tall "alien-like figures," as critics have referred to them, cost Denver taxpayers 1.5 million dollars.  To me, that seems a bit pricey. Especially since they are so ugly.  Another famous public artwork is Blue Mustang, known locally as "Blucifer," a huge sculpture of a blue horse at the entrance to Denver International Airport, rearing up on two legs with glowing red eyes. It actually fell on the artist and killed him before being installed at the airport.  This statue was a relative bargain at $600,000.  I have never taken a photograph of it, since I would need to take the photograph at night with a tripod, and homeland security would probably shoot me within minutes.  My question is: if Denver has an alien sculpture downtown and a devil horse sculpture at the entrance to it's airport, does this mean that the conspiracy theories about DIA being built to function as an alien spacecraft landing zone are true?  Definitely.  I think I have even spotted ET out the window of my car while driving there.

No comments:

Post a Comment