Friday, April 24, 2020

Living The Good Life On Chicago's North Shore



I recently subscribed to Architectural Digest.  The cost of a subscription was so low that I felt it was silly not to subscribe.  I still have not received my first copy, but I know they received my check because I am now getting an e-mail from them every day, featuring one of their articles.  Most are about celebrity's homes in places I really have no interest in, but one of them caught my eye: an article about a couple who built a 5 bedroom, 16,000 square foot "family home" on Lake Michigan, in a suburb north of Chicago, seen in the above photograph that I copied from the article.   I myself was born and raised on the south side of Chicago, in the Brainerd neighborhood.  Back then we all heard stories about life on the north shore, as it is called, but none of us ever set eyes on it.  Rumor had it that south siders were stopped at the Chicago River and turned back if they did not have a good reason to cross to the north side of the city.  Reading this article, I can see now that all those stories were true.  Check out the article yourself at https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/kara-mann-lake-michigan-house?utm_source=nl&utm_brand=ad&utm_mailing=ARD_Daily_AM_041320&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_medium=email&bxid=5e8753b36c28c7730d09f5be&cndid=60486478&esrc=AUTO_PRINT&utm_term=ARD_Daily.  And have you ever before seen a web address this long in your lifetime?  Damn pretentious north siders.  I'm just sayin.'

No comments:

Post a Comment