Sunday, April 17, 2022

Happy Easter!


Today is Easter Sunday. For the past few Easters (and probably more) I have been posting on this blog a photograph of myself holding an Easter basket on the back porch of our house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago. It is one of the only photographs I know for sure was taken on Easter. This year, I decided to mix things up by featuring a photograph from 1957, taken in the dining room of that house in Brainerd. It could have been taken on Thanksgiving or Easter, but it really doesn't matter. It was a gathering which included both sides of the family, and was obviously a happy time for all. And that is what I think holidays are really all about. With that said, I hope you all have a Happy Easter with your loved ones. And by the way, from left to right in the photograph above are Aunt Kitty, my maternal grandfather's sister, my mother Mary, my maternal grandmother Louise Spillard, paternal grandmother Fleta Hoyt, myself at my most charming best (it was all downhill from there), and in the background, Petie the parakeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment