Sunday, April 24, 2022

Watching Tottenham Play Brentford With Mark


I watched the soccer match between Tottenham and Brentford yesterday morning with my friend Mark, seen in the photograph above wearing his Tottenham jersey. Mark, as regular blog readers know, works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons, otherwise known as the library. When what used to be known as Penrose Library was remodeled, the administration was not planning to put hardly any books back there (nasty things), but the faculty put up such a fuss that they agreed to return half of what was originally there - in the basement, of course, on those lovely bookshelves that can be cranked into a corner. But as usual, I digress. The game finished in a 0-0 draw, which was bad news for Tottenham, which is a fairly good team trying to move up in the standings, while Brentford, as far as I can tell, stinks. I suspect Tottenham is trying to become the Chicago Cubs of the English Premier League, "lovable losers" who choke when the chips are down. But that is just my opinion. The correct one, of course, but I am too modest to say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment