Monday, April 4, 2022

Tottenham Wins Big Over Newcastle!


I watched the Premier League soccer match between Tottenham and Newcastle yesterday morning with my friend Mark, seen in the above photograph with me at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium (where we teleported ourselves for the game).  I myself was rooting for Tottenham, since I have watched their televised games at Esters Pub here in Denver with the Colorado Spurs Supporters' Club, whose members all seem like a genial bunch, many of them British expats. Mark is also a Tottenham fan, but his favorite teams are Newcastle and Leeds, and so was cheering for Newcastle yesterday. In the end, Newcastle was badly outclassed, and Tottenham won the match 5-1. They are now in 4th place, with a chance to move up even higher in the standings.  Now that sports betting is legal here in Colorado, I should have bet big on Tottenham winning the game. I also should have bought Apple stock back when there was talk, years ago, that it might go bankrupt. Perhaps I should rectify those mistakes by betting my life savings on the Chicago White Sox winning the World Series. It would definitely make the baseball season more exciting, right? And as regular blog readers know, I am all about living on the outside edge of the envelope, just like my hero, the late Hunter S. Thompson.

No comments:

Post a Comment