Friday, April 22, 2022

What To Rant About Next? That Is The Question


Regular blog readers are familiar with my rants about the University of Denver outsourcing the DU Bookstore to Follett Higher Education Group without offering the employees alternative employment, and Follett then laying off many of those employees (including me) when the agreement to keep them for at least one year expired. But sadly, the time for ranting about that has come to an end. The person who engineered the outsourcing to Follett is now retired, as is the chancellor who rubberstamped the decision. As for Follett Higher Education Group, which was just a horrible company to work for, as I learned in the year I was employed there, it has been sold to an investor group, and will hopefully make changing the toxic atmosphere in their stores a top priority. And so, what can I rant about next? Ranting is one of my favorite pastimes, and my two favorite targets are gone. I will have to devote a lot of thought to my next villains. Politicians perhaps? Nah - no one should target people who are selflessly devoted to working together for the common good, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment