Sunday, August 27, 2023

One Hot Summer For Florida


It has been a very hot and very wet summer in Florida this year, including in Stuart, where my sister Susan and I own a condo we inherited from our parents, Nelson and Mary, who moved there from Chicago back in 1976. After renting the place out for the past 14 years to help pay expenses, we have decided to take it back next August, and spend half the year there and half in Denver. August has always been one of my favorite months in Stuart - there is much less traffic, always a breeze off the ocean at the beach, and a 9 hole golf course at our condo complex all to myself. You can also walk down to the pier each evening to watch the sunset over the St. Lucie River, and have that all to yourself, too. Best of all, you can dine by the water without having to wait for a table, and have time to walk around after dinner and enjoy the ambiance while it is still light outside, which is when I took the above photo years ago of my mother and Susan at the Pirate's Loft Restaurant. I just hope next August will be back to normal when we finally take the place back. And is that realistic? Probably not, but we can always dream, can't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment