Saturday, August 5, 2023

Six Years - Discovering Harlan Coben


None of the books I have on order from the Denver Public Library have come in yet (the waiting list for new books is very long here), and so I scanned my bookcases and chose to read Six Years, by Harlan Coben, which I picked up years ago at the Action Center of Lakewood's Beautiful Junk Sale, where you could buy an entire shopping bag full of books for $10 during the last hours of the event. I started the book, and was immediately hooked. It is the story of a college professor who had a love affair with a woman at a creative artists workshop six years earlier. At the end of that workshop, she told him she was marrying someone else. After attending her wedding, she made him promise never to contact her again. When he reads the obituary six years later of the man she married, he travels to South Carolina to attend the funeral, and is shocked to find that the widow, with two teenage boys, is not his ex-girlfriend. And so starts a dangerous search for the truth. This is the first book I have read by this author, and I definitely intend to read more. You should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment