Friday, August 18, 2023

One Sooper Senior And His Sedan


I took the above photograph yesterday afternoon of a Colorado senior driving home in his vehicle after picking up a few items at the University Hills King Soopers Grocery Store here in Denver. This location, by the way, is where the U-Hills Mall used to stand, and which once held the Hatch's Bookstore I used to manage in the early 1980s. But, of course, I digress. What I really want to know is whether this guy is a time traveler heading back to 1925, or a mountain man returning home to his cabin deep in the wilds of the Rockies? Could he be Santa Claus on his summer break? Or perhaps just another eccentric California transplant doing his thing. California was once known as "the land of fruits and nuts." Whether that is still politically correct or not I do not know, but I suspect Colorado has probably taken over the title. I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment