Saturday, September 7, 2024

A First Time Visit To Columbia Missouri's Flat Branch Pub And Brewing


My sister Susan and I stopped in Columbia, Missouri - one of my favorite college towns - this past Thursday on our way back to Denver from Stuart, Florida. And this time I was bound and determined to have dinner at Flat Branch Pub and Brewing. The first time I tried to find this place, it was dark, and I couldn't spot it. After driving around the block a second time, I decided it must be a building where it seemed like hundreds of University of Missouri students were having a wild Saturday night and decided to dine elsewhere instead. This past July, Susan and I unfortunately arrived after closing time. This time I almost missed it again, but we finally spotted the place, and it was just as delightful as promised. Everyone was dining outside on the patio, and it was a mixture of students, families, and senior citizens, all having a good time. Which pretty much describes Columbia. A very pretty university town with all age groups represented and enjoying life there. Although I myself would avoid downtown on a Saturday night when school is in session, which I suspect the older crowd does. And that is indeed my sister Susan in the photograph above, perusing the menu on the patio of the Flat Branch. The food and beer there are both very good, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment