Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Attending The Colorado British Motor Conclave




I went to the Colorado British Motor Conclave this past Sunday morning with my friend Mark. While Mark attends this event every year, that was the first time I have been there, and the number of classic British cars on display at Oak Park in Arvada, just to the northwest of Denver, was very impressive. Mark belongs to the Rocky Mountain Jaguar Club, which displays many cars at that event. There were also a lot of Triumphs, as well as MGs, such as the one in the photograph on the left. Someone was playing the bagpipes to set the mood, and some of the car owners even wore kilts, which to me seems pretty strange, but then again, I am not a classic car person. By the way, although Mark belongs to the Jaguar Club, he doesn't actually own a Jaguar. And yes, I too think he should be expelled from the club for that.





I did see a vehicle at the show that I think might make a nice second car, and took a photograph of it, as seen on the right. It is an old Rolls Royce, which would definitely make a statement when I drove to the King Soopers to buy groceries. I was planning on offering the owner $2,000 in cash for it, but Mark and I had to get to the Cubs-Rockies baseball game, and since the owner and I might wind up haggling a bit until we reached an agreed-upon price ($3,000 tops), I decided to put off making an offer. In any case, if it is still around next year, I'll definitely try to close the deal, just like everyone's favorite billionaire, Donald Trump. Who I suspect would also like that car.

No comments:

Post a Comment