Saturday, July 1, 2017

Running Into Frankie After 20 Years


I went to the Denver Art Museum for their Final Friday event yesterday evening, and signed up for Detour: Work It Out - an active workout tour of the museum's Hamilton Building.  The tour leader was very friendly, asked me if I was retired or still worked and where.  I mentioned the bookstore where I currently work as the bookkeeper, and also that I used to be the Finance Manager at the University of Denver Bookstore.  It turns out that the tour leader, seen in the photograph above, was none other than Frankie, who is married to Heidi, who worked at the DU Bookstore as the general book buyer 20 years ago.  I did not recognize Frankie at all, but he recognized me and took a photograph to e-mail to Heidi.  The last time I saw them was just after their first child was born.  He is now 20 years old - it is unbelievable how quickly time passes. Heidi and Frankie now have 4 children,  and Frankie owns a gym called Cole Fusion Fitness, just down the street from the museum.  Great to see you again, Frankie!  Thanks for the workout!

1 comment: