Thursday, July 20, 2017

Still Another Alien Abduction


During my walk one evening from the bookstore where I work to the Union Station light rail stop in Lower Downtown Denver, I saw a bunch of clothing and shoes on a street corner.  This is not an unusual sight on either Colfax, or in this case, 17th Street.  My friend and office mate Peter is convinced that these clothes are all that is left of homeless people who have been abducted by aliens.  Peter feels that the aliens take homeless people because they are less likely to be missed, and suspicions won't be aroused.  And I must say there are a lot of homeless for the aliens to choose from, too.  Colfax seems to have homeless people on every block.  Only two blocks north, and running parallel to Colfax, 17th Street is hipster heaven, and although you  sometimes see the homeless there too, most avoid the street.  Can't blame 'em - hipsters can be scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment