Thursday, July 6, 2017

A Hoyt Family Reunion In Cannon Beach


I took an Amtrak bus from Portland to Cannon Beach, Oregon Sunday morning to attend a Hoyt family reunion.  I arrived around 11:00 and headed down the beach to find the beach house owned by the father of my cousin John's wife, Barb.  I couldn't find the place, and so had to call to get a better description of where they live.  I talked to my cousin John, got a better lay of the land, and found the place a short while later.  Of course, once I tipped John and Barb off that I was heading there, they left the place immediately and nobody was there when I arrived.  I gave them another call and John explained that they were still out shopping. Yeah . Right.  Eventually they resigned themselves to the fact that I would have camped out front until midnight if they did not return, and came back, so it all worked out.  By the next day everyone had arrived safely and we all had a great time, thanks to John and Barb.  In the photograph above are (from left to right) Barb, John, my Uncle Jack (my father's brother), my cousin Annette, Pat (an in-law), Jason (another in-law), and my cousin Denise.

No comments:

Post a Comment