Saturday, July 22, 2017

Still More Cannon Beach Nostalgia



What can I say?  I miss the place.  I had a great time in Cannon Beach with my relatives, and want to go back. Now.  I took the self-portrait on the left of myself in front of the place the morning I arrived, as I waited for my cousin John and his wife Barb to come back from the store.  It is a pleasant little beach house and is owned by Barb's father. Several times I have offered to serve as the year-round caretaker, but salary negotiations seem to be a sticking point.  Once I retire, my salary request can drop to my drop dead minimum price - free.  How reasonable is that?



In the photograph on the right my Uncle Jack can be seen in the living room, gazing out to sea.  I enjoy doing that, too.  My uncle worked for the navy for many years as an engineer and scientist.  His office was on Point Loma, in San Diego.  He was able to go jogging on his lunch hour along the Pacific, and he absolutely loves the ocean.  In Cannon Beach, the ocean is much different than in Florida.  In the summer, it is misty and cool in the morning, and usually in the afternoon the mist burns off and it is warm and sunny.  I am told that in the winter, however, it is very wet and stormy there, a perfect time to sit by the fire with a good book and occasionally look out at the raging sea.  Oh, what the heck  - I'll pay you guys to be the caretaker.  How much do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment