Saturday, September 14, 2019

Circle Bay Nostalgia



I took the above photograph of my father, Nelson Hoyt, back in the late 1970s as we walked through Circle Bay, the condo community just next door to my parents's condo in Stuart, Florida.  Circle Bay is located on the south fork of the St. Lucie River, and all units come with a boat dock.  How cool is that?  It definitely speaks to my inner Travis McGee (younger readers will have to Google this reference, of course). On the other hand, Monterey, my parent's complex, caters to golfers, and all but two of the buildings border a par 3 golf course that my father and my Uncle Bill just loved to play together, just like they used to do during summer vacations up in Canada.  Of course, the other two buildings at Monterey are on the river side, and back then housed a rebellious bunch, which strange as it seems included my parents.  This was the last place we were all together as a family, and therefore has a special place in my heart.  My sister Susan and I still own the condo, but have to rent it out to be able to afford to keep it, which we both feel is important to do. Someday we hope to rent the place out just for the season (January thru March), and then spend a lot of time down there with our fellow rebels.  They are still rebels over on the riverside, aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment